List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Informations : other debugger than Gubbed ?
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-02-07 3:42:15

On Wednesday 06 February 2008 7:10:45 am Pierre-Alain Mignot wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,
To add to what Andras said, this is more of a user list set of questions. This
list is for developer discussions, like how you implement the Zend debugger,
not if we will. ;)

> I used Quanta for many years now, and i would like to use a remote
> debugger with it.
> But gubbed is not enough good, hard to install and not easy to implement
> in the code (files to includes, project to create ..).

There is a Kommander based installer for Gubed which should help.

> So i would like to know if developpers of the project planned to make
> possible the use of others debugger, like Zend Debugger, and without
> having to create a project to use it.
>
> Also, i would like to know if code completion of personnals classes (for
> variables and functions) is planned for the future of Quanta.

Yes, there has been limited success internally but thisis of course intended
and as I recall I am seeing completion for methods in my classes... so I'm
sort of wondering about your system. Again, please ask these questions on the
user list. I will not support a thread here that excludes our users and
dilutes developer discusssions.

> Thanks for reading me, and please excuse my english, which is not my
> native tongue.

If I don't have to learn a few dozen languages I can excuse a great deal. ;)

--
Eric Laffoon
Project Lead - kdewebdev module