List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Quanta4 Status
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-12-30 19:21:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Sunday 30 December 2007, Niko Sams wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to ask about the current status of Quanta4.
> Which plugins are ported or at least started - and which are
> outdated.

You can see it from the source, but here is the list of what
was "ported":
- create new project
- files tree
- preview
- structure tree
- templates tree
- user toolbars
- tag editing dialogs
- project management

All should be treated as (pre-)alpha quality. One thing is that the new
parsing code is not finished, and some of the plugins are parsing
depended (eg structure tree), so they will need more work, even if they
work with the current parser. To be honest, I don't remember which
parser is enabled at this moment, but probably its the old one.

These will be separate plugins. And of course there is the quantacore,
which gives the parser and some other functionality which was not worth
to make a plugin.

> And I wanted to ask how I can get the Project-Manager working?
> (I compiled quanta from svn)

Basic project management should work, at least API wise. What you need
to do is to create (now manually) a .kdev4 file, which contains:
[Project]
Manager=QuantaProjectFileManager

And name this as your old Quanta project is. Eg. you
have "project.webprj", name the file "project.kdev4".

Andras