List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] [Quanta] Class Variables autocompletion
From:       Andrew Lowe <andrew.lowe () manildra ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-02-07 21:45:31

Andras Mantia wrote:

>Partly. Try to add an argument to a function and you will see that those
>are listed as well.

Oh, I see...

>>The only real problem is when you select the autocomplete entry it
>>appends the function open bracket "(" to the variables as well. I
>>figure this is in the auto-complete section in document.cpp, rather
>>then the sagroupparser.cpp file?
>>

>Hm, partly yes, I think. The problem is that with the modification in
>description.rc, variables are treated just like functions. In
>Document::slotFilterCompletion you can see that
>the "completionDTD->attrAutoCompleteAfter" is appended after the string
>if the type of the completion is "script". And in
>Document::getTagCompletions of course in case of PHP the type is set
>to "script". The easiest way might be to add a hint in to the qTag
>similar to className about the fact if it is a "function"
>or "variable". Than in the filtering code,
>the "completionDTD->attrAutoCompleteAfter" would be appended only for
>functions. This would also make it possible to sort the completion list
>(e.g variables first and methods later).
>
> Regarding the filtering, I see two solutions:
>
>1) add a field in description.rc for the variables about how they are
>declared when they are member variables.
>2) ignore variables that are inside ( ). If this is generic enough, I'd
>say it is better.
>
>So from what I see, it is rather simple to do this. Will you do it? :-)

I will look at it and see what I can do.

>>I might look into reading doxygen/javadoc/PHPDoc, etc style comments
>>and displaying them? any recomendations for how to implement?
>>

>What would you implement there? Sorry, I did not understood it.

My idea was to display the PHPDoc comment as a tooltip or similar when
the user is at the function, or perhaps on mouse over?
At first as a whole block, unformatted and unchanged, but later perhaps
parse the PHPDoc block and display it nicely.

I will work on the bugs in the class variables before even looking at
the doc stuff...

>BTW, something other to think about is support for PHP superglobals. I
>don't think it is too hard, somehow the .tag files have to describe the
>globals and they should be treated just like variables (members of the
>Variables group).

I am not sure I understand what you mean exactly.  They seem to be
handled ok, unless you mean autocomplete the Array elements, but most of
those you do not change, they are passed by apache and the PHP engine
and you mainly just read them, and generally either staticly defined
($_SERVER elements) or very hard for Quanta to determine
($_GET/$_POST/$_SESSION).

Thanks

--
Andrew Lowe