List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] Quanta Documentation: English
From:       "Mr. Jellynek" <core5fedora () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-01-27 0:17:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

my name is Jeffrey, and I am a Quantaholic.
:wink:

as one who wishes to contribute to the revisions of, and or authoring new
documentation for Quanta +, I invite you to propose to me any 1.) sections
of existing documentation which you feel needs improving, 2.) topics /
issues / features of Quanta + which are either not emphasized in the
existing documentation, or perhaps not covered throroughly enough to meet
your expectations or needs, or 3.) cite any routine development tasks /
project procedures / or general Quanta-as-Tool-for-Efficiency-- the very IDE
nature of Quanta +, vs "You as Developer" (or the Design / Dev community at
large) which, if included in the "Getting Started with Quanta +" pages might
greatly improve a new user's experience with the Software, boost their
learning curve, and ultimately encourage their own further exploration.

i'm enthusiastic about becoming involved in editing / authoring some of the
Quanta + "docbook", but I must admit that it is difficult to find a
"starting place". Not difficult to find "something", or "anything", but to
find something which i feel comfortable in devoting my enthusiasm without
the though "gee, is this even going to help?"... that's where i'm kinda
stuck. I've been making notes-- every time i open the IDE; every time i
execute a function, create a project, find something new-- i try to jot down
a little something about how this or that element might be presented in the
documentation in a way that it will be both informative, useful, and
hopefully, enjoyable to read. so, i've got some "stuff", but i do welcome
your input.

As an email like this might result in a lot of replies, please try not to be
like me and write a short-story about it-- but a few lines, or even a screen
cap-- whatever you think might give me a good idea of what you're talking
about-- so we don't have to exchange correspondence (because i probably wont
have time to reply, i apologize).

It's okay if nothing comes to mind-- but if you've had something that's been
bugging you, or something you "just KNOW this should be in the manual"...
that kind of thing would be great.

thank you!!
Jeffrey

PS. i'm far from the being the "master of Quanta+", or a master programmer,
but i do have a decent skill for proofreading, and grammar, etc (when needed
;), so if i'm missing the public cry already, let me knw-- point me to a
URL. Maybe someone has a Wiki already for this "wish-list" stuff? i'm very
open for that type of communication as well. maybe it would be cool,
depending upon the results i see from this email, maybe a "preferred topics"
poll would be in order . again, i welcome input on that too. ;)