List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Save QDockWidget states with tabs...
From:       Eric Pignet <eric () kubuntu-fr ! org>
Date:       2006-09-09 16:18:40

On Friday 28 July 2006, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> On Friday 28 July 2006 03:32, André Pönitz wrote:
> > Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> > >  Greetings,
> >
> > Hi Ian.
> >
> > >     Is there a way to save the tab order in the docked widgets?
> > > Likewise it
> > > was not very clear how to via code change a set of dockwidgets to tabs.
> >
> > Could you elaborate a bit on what you mean by 'change a set of
> > dockwidgets to tabs'?
>
> In 4.2 rsync you can change dockwidgets to tabs and stack 2 dockwidgets in
> the space of one.  The issue I seem to be having is how to do that via
> code. Since this is new code, I am assuming it is not complete.  Trolltech
> may have opened a can of worms with this latest addition though, since KDE
> has been struggling with this sort of widget for years.

Hello Qt developpers,

Is there any news about this issue ?

In order to port KImageMapEditor to Qt4, I need to place 3 QDockWidgets in one
place, the left area. It seems impossible to do via code (each widget is put
under the other), only by drag and drop.

Is this important feature planned, or is there already a way to do this ?
Thank you,

Eric