List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] KImageMagic maintainship
From:       Eric Pignet <eric () kubuntu-fr ! org>
Date:       2006-08-08 22:15:08

Le Mar 8 18:48, Andras Mantia a écrit :
> > Hi Andrea,
> I'm Andras, but I know in some places its written Andrea. Here Andrea is
> a girl name. ;-)

Ah sorry :-/
In French it's André for guys and Andréa for girls, but I have an Italian
friend whose name is Andrea, I had his name in mind...

> Welcome here and I'm glad that you offered to take over KIME. Of course
> you should develop for 4.0. It is not that hard, but you have to
> compile kdelibs, kdevelop and kdewebdev from source at least once per
[...]
> applications. Of course, you should adjust the variables to match your
> system, but it gives you a hint what to do.

OK, thank you for your indications and your script. I will try to set up my
KDE4 environment, I'll ask you in case of problem. But it should be OK (I'm
confident).

> I can give detailed information how to set up KDevelop 3.4 for KDE4
> development if you want. But in case of using vi/emacs/etc. it's enough
> to set up the environment in a shell.

I love vim, but I think KDevelop really fits to KDE development. So if
KDevelop 3.4 is stable enough to be used, I think I'll give it a try. I'm
interested by any information you have about how to set it up.

Thanks for everything,
Eric