List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Summer of Code 2006
From:       Chris Martin <linux () chriscodes ! com>
Date:       2006-04-19 18:12:38

Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 April 2006 04:12, Chris Martin wrote:
>> What about a SQL database plugin?
>> Something like Zend or RadRails (based on eclipse) would be extremely
>> useful.
>> I know I heard something about this here, but I can't remember if it
>> was a planned feature, or just a wish.
>>
>> I know it's a wish for me!
>
> Can you detail it a little more?

I added to someone else's suggestion on the wiki, but thought I'd
comment here too.

It's essentially another button on the left panel that connects to a
database server and lists database, tables, and fields.
Another "seperate toolview" would contain a text area to run queries,
hitting ctrl+enter fires the query, and opens a new "editor tab"
displaying query results.

I've often wondered if something like MySQL Navigator[1] could be hacked
for this. Although it's not a KDE app, it does use qt, and provides the
functionality.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysqlnavigator/

I'd think an abstraction layer of sorts would allow for other databases
to be used as well.

Chris