List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Porting kdevquanta to KDE4
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2006-04-13 13:26:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Andras,

>  I've started to port KDevQuanta to KDE4. I'm not saying it is a fun
> job, but hey, we have to do it.
>  My plan is to first make it compile. First, it should compile with
> cmake. I run the automatic cmake conversion tool, but this does not
> guarantee anything.
>
> I started with the "lib" directory, as this is common and is used by all
> the other parts. Right now only this directory is enabled for
> compilation. It partly compiles (until basetreeview.cpp). I became
> tried now.

I could get KDevelop compiled and I made some small changes but now I am also
tired ;-)

> So how can you help? Fix compilation in kdevquanta with Qt4 and
> kdelibs4_snapshot. When you make the conversion, please try to fix the
> right way and not use Q3* and K3* classes. You don't have to optimize
> (like QMap->QHash), just make sure it is not using compatibility
> classes. We will anyway need to review the code and fix the bugs, as
> I'm sure that simply making it compile will not make it work.
>
> If you want to work on a new directory, enable it in the top-level
> CMakeLists.txt file with "add_subdirectory(dirname)".

I see.

> Also inform me on this list if you start to port something, so we don't
> do the same porting twice.

Sure. But I think before we have lib we can not start with anything else,
right?
Some small remarks:
Where is kdevpartcontroller.h from KDevelop gone?
The treeviews might be hard to port because I remember there is no equivalent
in KDE4 yet, is this right?

Jens