List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] please review
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-03-12 10:44:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 12 March 2006 10:48, Jens Herden wrote:
> What for?
>
> Maybe the file was changed from outside of Quanta? Could be a log
> file. If the user wants to reload Quanta should reload IMHO. I do not
> see any reason to refuse this, especially not silently! And I do not
> see any reason to make a difference between local and remote in this
> case.

Well, if the file was modified outside of Quanta you would *immediately*
get a warning (with the option to reload) or as soon as you switch to
it. But well, I'm not saying your solution is wrong, just that it might
be possible to avoid a reload (which resets the cursor to the beginning
of the document). So maybe we should:
- always reload if not untitled
- remember the position of the cursor before reloading and set it after
the reload

Andras