List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] new project wizard broken
From:       "Samir M. Nassar" <quanta () steamedpenguin ! com>
Date:       2006-03-08 14:39:50

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 01:17, Andras Mantia wrote:

> Well, the project file is still a text file. This is about the new
> project wizard.
> BTW, you use project templates outside the project dir and it works???

Well...

Because Quanta doesn't mask the templates or toolbars directories, even from
itself (rescan project directory) I usually create the project, then point
the template and toolbars directories someplace else, then delete 'toolbars'
and 'templates' within the project directories.

This is especially true where the project is a project I am working in is a
SVN/CVS working directory and I don't want to deal with ignoring files and/or
working outside the working directory and 'uploading' files to the working
directory.

So in effect, I never use Quanta templates or toolbars. Really what I use
quanta plus for is:

Project Management.
Upload profiles
Plugins like KFileReplace amd Konsole. Link Status is b0rked, b0rked, b0rked.
The tools menu. I love the tools menu. There is a lot of stuff in there that
makes Quanta rocktastic.

--
Samir M. Nassar