List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Some update
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2006-03-04 14:09:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Andras,

>  today I was in a good mood, and coded a lot, reviewed the bug reports
> and wishes. This means that during the last 7 days (but mostly today)
> 21 wishes and 8 bug reports were closed, many of them implemented as
> well. Unfortunately 3.5.1 was not a good release, it had stability
> issues and some bad regressions. This is why I focused now on 3.5.2, as
> if we switch to Quanta4 development, we must have a stable version and
> not one full of severe bugs.

yes, I think that 3.5.2 should be as bug free as possible. I just fixed one
bug to achieve this goal :-)

>  I still see some problems, and there are some more crashes as well
> (mostly VPL related), but if I can continue this way, I will fix some
> more in the next days. Of course help is welcome, even if just for
> review the reports and see if they are valid or to give an opinion if a
> wish should be implemented or can be closed as wontfix (like SGML
> support for Quanta).

I am very busy but I will try to find some time for this.

One question comes to my mind about one fix you did. It is now possible to
open files from read only locations but this creates a problem when we want
to preview them. It is not possible to create the preview file and I just get
a error message. You can easily test this by opening a file from another
user's home and try to preview it after you changed it. Maybe the preview
code should not try to generate a file but preview the original in this case?

Jens