List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] KLinkStatus crash
From:       Paulo Moura Guedes <moura () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2006-02-08 1:38:19

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 01:16, Jens Herden wrote:
> > > I wanted to check my links but no luck. KLinkStatus crashes when I
> > > point to www.khmeros.info/drupal :-(
> >
> > What version do you have?
>
> 3.5 and from SVN show the same problem. But I am running on Suse 10.

There is a 0.3.0 version from the branch klinkstatus_proceed available on the
page, but I doubt it has some fix that might fix this problem.

> > I manage to check the site with no problems.
>
> Very strange. I tried Andras tip and I got the message that there are more
> than 30.000 errors and that I should go and fix my application from
> valgrind :-)

Yes, I already noticed that and tried to fix them but they doesn't seem error
I can fix...

> Here some more information, I got this on the Konsole just before the
> crash:
>
> KLinkStatus: 42: Checking http://www.khmeros.info/drupal/?q=km/node/427
> KLinkStatus: 43: Checking http://www.khmeros.info/drupal/?q=en/node/402
> KLinkStatus: 44: Checking
> http://www.khmeros.info/drupal/?q=en/node/402#comment
> kio (Slave): slave died pid = 32027
> kio (Scheduler): Scheduler: BUG!! Slave 0x82765f8/32027 died, but is NOT in
> slaveList!!!
> kio (Scheduler):
> KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
> KCrash: Application Name = klinkstatus path = <unknown> pid = 31878
>
> That looks a little like a kdelib problem, but I do not understand if
> checking http://www.khmeros.info/drupal/?q=en/node/402#comment is correct
> at all. Konqueror can open this link without crashing, so what could be the
> problem?

This seems the same problem described in bug #85575 that was supposed to be
workarounded in KIO.
That link is probably not the problem. It's hard to tell which link is causing
the crash because the process is not synchronous and it's probably caused not
by one link isolated but by a sequence of events.

I would like to help but it doesn't crash here :(

Paulo