List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] parser in Quanta
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2006-01-13 12:16:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

I move this to the list...

> > My approach would be to have configuration files for the DTD with
> > information about the valid special areas that can be inside of the
> > document (like we have right now). So if the XML parser encounters
> > the start of a special area (like <? ) it will change the mode to
> > find the end of the special area. Of course this mode must know about
> > strings etc. so that the "?>" is skipped and not detected as end of
> > the special area. When the parsers find the end it can just signal
> > the whole area as process instruction and let the builder create on
> > node from it.
> > Later we can parse the process instructions with another parser and
> > create the nodes for the special areas.
>
> Shortly this is exactly what we do right now.

Is it? I think that Quanta is currently analysing the document first and then
starts the parsing.
I would like to have a solution where we start the parsing and detect the
begin of a special area, switch the parse modus and switch back when we
detect the end of the special area.
So one parser run should be enough to parse the HTML/XML and through out the
special areas. Do you see any reason why this should not work?

> > By the way do we handle Javascript already correctly in Quanta?
>
> We don't really handle. Luckily it is inside a tag (script), so it is
> just not parsed. At least this is what I remember.

So we could improve Quanta further if we would parse Javascript as well?

Jens