List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] some thoughts to start
From:       Paulo Moura Guedes <moura () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2006-01-09 20:50:43

On Monday 09 January 2006 13:36, Jens Herden wrote:
> Hi Paulo,
>
> > > After looking around in KDOM and KHTML2 I would propose the following:
> > >
> > > Let us try to create our own parser backend, which could be based on
> > > Qt's XML parser. If we do this right we can load this in the future via
> > > kdom/parser/KDOMParserFactory
> >
> > One thing that seemed difficult to achieve with the KDOM builder and
> > parser backend was rebuilding partial areas only.
>
> can you explain a little more please. I think you have looked more deeply
> in this already.

I'm a little forgotten now :) but looking at DocumentBuilder one can see that
it is made to parse a document from the beggining until the end. The nodes
are added as child of the current node on the stack (Q3PtrStack<NodeImpl>
nodes) which is private. If we could pass the parent node (of some area we
want to build) as the current node on the stack and feed the builder with
some portion it would work I guess.
I don't know if kdom people are willing to make that change though.

> > Are you suggesting to rewrite the parser? I think it would be a good
> > opportunity to clean the code, but the amount of work and the time to get
> > it stable again may be daunting...
>
> Yes, that is indeed what I suggest.

I like you! :)

Paulo