List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] some thoughts to start
From:       Paulo Moura Guedes <moura () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2006-01-02 20:43:09

Hi Jens,

On Monday 02 January 2006 13:13, Jens Herden wrote:
> Hi Andras,
>
> > So Jens, I think having the data structures in KDOM for the Kuanta
> > preview release is out of question.
>
> yes, it is sad but we can not change it yet.
>
> > Let's go with the parser alone for now and discuss that (in a different
> > thread).
>
> After looking around in KDOM and KHTML2 I would propose the following:
>
> Let us try to create our own parser backend, which could be based on Qt's
> XML parser. If we do this right we can load this in the future via
> kdom/parser/KDOMParserFactory

One thing that seemed difficult to achieve with the KDOM builder and parser
backend was rebuilding partial areas only.
Are you suggesting to rewrite the parser? I think it would be a good
opportunity to clean the code, but the amount of work and the time to get it
stable again may be daunting...

Paulo