List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Outstanding Work!
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-11-15 18:10:42

On Tuesday 15 November 2005 8:15 am, you wrote:
> Eric -
>
> I just wanted to pass along kudos to you and the rest of the Quanta Plus
> team.  I stumbled across Quanta in the SuSE 9.3 distro and gave it a try
> and frankly, after 12 years of working with HTML and related technologies,
> this is hands down the best editor I've ever used, with even the infamous
> BBEdit coming in a close second now.  Thanks to you and the team for your
> hard work and attention to detail - I look forward to using Quanta Plus for
> all of my future editing needs.
>
> Ken

Thanks Ken,
It's always thrilling to get such praise. At the same time it's also likely
you may not have dug a lot of jewels out of Quanta yet that are hidden under
the surface. Odds are good that after six months or a year you won't see
BBEdit as quite so close. For instance have you found these?
* KIO and fish - all I/O uses KIO slaves for transparent access. So along with
FTP there is SFTP, SMB, WebDAV and others. These can be used in projects and
any file dialog and fish:// is totally cool. It uses ssh/scp to provide a
secure protocol, and if you use ssh_keys then you can make auto login quasi
VPN.
* Top directories - in the file tree you can save top directories, but you can
also save remote sites as fish://user@domain/path.
* CVS (and SVN) integration - roll back, review changes, blame annotation,
manage group development teams...
* Code Abbreviations - store Javascript tags as Ctrl-js and tie it to only
applicable DTDs
* DTD reading on the fly for custom auto completion
* XML entity completion
* Four different kinds of templates that remain merely part of your file
system so you can load in any files or link them from other directories
* DCOP scriptability that allows you to manage nearly ever feature and
function of Quanta from the shell
* User defined Actions for toolbar buttons, key combinations, template filters
and any Project Event Action we could think of
* Kommander - quick visual creation of dialogs for interface extention and
bidirectional DCOP - dialogs like HTML Quick Start are actually Kommander

There's more, but I'll stop now. Keep in mind we sponsor developers on this
project and we're always scraping for money to pay them. Look on our site for
online sponsorship or donations.
--
Eric Laffoon - Quanta+ Team Leader
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org