On Sunday 13 November 2005 2:27 am, quanta@karsites.net wrote: > Hi there. Very impressed with Quanta plus. > > Would it be possible to make Quanta Plus the best Javascript > editor available, as well as the best HTML editor available? > > I'm not sure if this has been implemented yet. > > It would be nice to have a Javascript editing mode, similar > to the XML/HTML editing mode, that would allow tabs for each > of the DOM properties, methods and events for each > Javascript object. > > This would allow Javascripters to master HTML-DOM > programming, without having to wade through tons of > documentation! > > Kind Regards - Keith Roberts Work has been started on Javascript auto completion support, but part of our problem was the language parser issues. While many of these have been addressed I'm not sure the current status. One significant benefit will be the integration with KDevelop in KDE 4. Because Ian uses Javascript extensively it is well supported in KDevelop. Parser integration issues are less clear to me as different people assert different things here, but I anticipate that it should be able to be resolved to our benefit. From there we need to manage the other specific elements for web work, like the assistance with DOM objects. At this point enough people are doing enough things it's hard to say where specific benefits might arise, but one thing is sure. Anyone who wants to assist, coordinate and test in this area is very welcome to get involved. ;-) My strategy is simple. I find people deeply passionate about a given area who will approach it with vision and it is done better than if I try to micro-manage another area. It is how we insure excellence through teamwork. Eric _______________________________________________ quanta-devel mailing list quanta-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/quanta-devel