List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] askSam/TWiki Hybrid Clone Project
From:       Randy Kramer <rhkramer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-09-22 23:52:21

On Thursday 22 September 2005 03:36 pm, Eric Laffoon wrote:
---< appropriate admonition snipped >---

> We're happy to answer questions as long as you use our developer resources
> with regard. That means maximize your effort and minimize ours.

Sorry!

I won't ask any more questions here at the moment (in other words, I will work
on things like the folding, searching, TWiki to HTML filter, and so forth).

Just FYI, I am quite certain that the duplicating the server approach will not
be fast enough to suit me.  I tried something similar a few years ago with
the server on my local home network (hardly any traffic) and it was
unbearably slow.   (I use 10 MB coax Ethernet--but the connection was not the
problem, it was the TWiki sofware, and, from all I've seen and heard, it has
not gotten any faster.)

But, I'll cross that bridge a little later, and based on the comments from
Andras on how F6 initiates a preview, believe it can be handled.

Again, my apologies!

regards,
Randy Kramer

Oh, and I found the quanta users list and subscribed.