List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] knewstuff
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-09-15 17:52:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 15 September 2005 20:04, Jens Herden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to use knewstuff to download something in Quanta. So far it
> is working fine. :-)
> The only flaw is that after I select the menu entry Quanta needs some
> time until the dialog pops up and in this time the gui is active.
I think this is when looking for the newstuff host and downloading the
xml file describing the available files.

> was not sure if something is happening and just tried another
> knewstuff menu entry. The result was that I got two dialogs and after
> I quit the top one the other was a zombie and could not be closed. I
> had to kill Quanta.

I did not see/try this as I always tested with a local newstuff
server...

> Is there a way to block the userinterface, so that this can not
> happen? I do not know what is happening in Quanta but I noticed that
> downloading new backgrounds for the desktop is much faster in popping
> up.

Might be on different server. Well, the newstuff thing is asynchronous,
so I don't know how to disable the double dialog (yet).

Andras