On Tuesday 23 August 2005 11:29 pm, Jens Herden wrote: > Hi, > > > > Try to move or copy 'text' and you will get > > > 'text' > > > > > > Sometimes it accepts a drop sometimes not, no idea why. > > > > On mouse move event, it is tested if the child node can belong to the > > parent but sometimes the results are diferent for the same combination. I > > don't know why, it seems drag and drop related. > > This does not explain why I get the closing tag twice. > And I hate tools that prevent me from doing something. Quanta should never, > never prevent a user from doing something because it thinks it is not > correct. There is no such thing like correctness when a user manipulates a > document. A smart tool does support me in finding errors but never > prohibits me to do them. The user is the king at the computer not Quanta! Wow! You don't see a rant like that from Jens every day. I happen to agree BTW. ;-) Unfortunately intelligence here can be tricky, but shouldn't be ugly and presumptuous. > > > > Sometimes it accepts a drop, opens the menu to ask what to do but does > > > nothing. If I perform the same again it is working. > > > > > > Sometimes Quanta will eat up all memory and CPU resources. > > > > > > I do not want to look into this deeper but someone should do it before > > > we release Quanta. > > > > It is very dificult or nearly impossible to have stable features > > regarding node manipulation with this code base. Maybe we should simply > > disable drag and drop. > > If we can not fix it we should disable it. And with fix I mean a reliable > and reproduceable behaviour and not a lottery like let's see if drag and > drop works today :-) > > Jens Agreed. Personally I like D&D, but it goes without saying I don't like lottery behavior. At least that isn't one of the mainstream features we've chosen to emulate. ;-) Eric _______________________________________________ quanta-devel mailing list quanta-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/quanta-devel