List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] cpu spike after closing of project properties
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-23 16:43:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 18:43, Jens Herden wrote:
> Andras,
>
> > Read my other mail.
>
> I did, but after I wrote the other mail.
OK.

> > Do you think it is worth to introduce a new signal?
>
> Yes, I think so. It is better than scanning again.
> BTW You changed the timer for the file scanning to 200 but this is
> very slow now. My CPU is almost loadfree and the harddisk led is
> blinking but it takes ages until the annotations are updated.

I will decrease it.

> > > I see. So you do not need the ':', right?
> >
> > If it's in one line, it might be important. Do you think we should
> > not have it?
>
> I don't get this. What is it important for? And I see not difference
> if you look for '):' or ')'
It's about including the first ":" into the annotation text or not. If
we are scanning only for @annotation(...) and @annotation, if the user
writes "@annotation: text" the annotation text will be ": text".

> I fixed the parser problem too. You could not see it because it was
> only visible if you do not autoload the files on startup of Quanta.
I saw the commit. It's a good catch.

> During debug I got the impression that some timers are working during
> the startup phase of Quanta. Like the special area timer.
I don't know, might be. Would be nice to know which timers are active.

Andras