List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] xdebug watch support
From:       "Brian G. Peterson" <brian () braverock ! com>
Date:       2005-08-10 10:53:23

Linus,

My development team lead has this to say so far:
(we've only compiled it on one machine here so far)

Regards,

   - Brian

Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [quanta-devel] xdebug watch support
Date: Wednesday 10 August 2005 12:00 am
From: Aaron van Meerten <aaron@braverock.com>

I have succeeded in getting this to work on my local machine.

Pros:
- I can step through code, and it is smart enough to know how to jump
between files as well.

- Watched variables are visible with arrays expanding into tree views

- Can debug page executed using another browser, and then popped up
stepping through in quanta.

Cons
- I have yet to make a breakpoint work, while in the default execution
mode of pause

- Setting variables does not seem to affect the values in the variables

- Long variables (like a sql statement) do not expand the tree widget
properly, so watched variables are only useful if they take up only one
line

Hopefully we can have these cons taken care of before the 3.5 release.

Cheers,

-Aaron