List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] Debugger status icon
From:       Linus McCabe <Linus () mccabe ! nu>
Date:       2005-07-19 19:59:36

Hi!

I've been getting a request from a user that I add a status icon or something
like that which shows what the debugger is up to. Statuses might then be

Inactive
Waiting for connection
Connected, paused
Connected, paused because of error
Connected, paused because of breakpoint
Connected, running

Would anyone object to having such a status display (it would obviously only
show when a debugger is activated for the project)

If it's ok to add it, where would be a good place to have it in the ui?
I'd think either as a part of the debugger toolbar (similar to the 'animated
logo' button in konqueror, i guess) or as a part of the 'debugger output'
dock)

/Linus