List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] xdebug
From:       "Brian G. Peterson" <brian () braverock ! com>
Date:       2005-07-19 12:21:31

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 01:16 am, Linus McCabe wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Work on the DBGp plugin proceeds and i can now negotiate features, step
> through code, and a few other things.
>
> A question for those of you using xdebug:
> When i step through a php script, xdebug also halts on lines that contains
> only html. Is this how it works with other clients too?
> (When the lines step through php it seems to step correctly which is why i
> dont think this is an error of my code)

We didn't experience this with either Maguma or Komodo, which we evaluated.
As long as we can step through it, I don't think it would be a problem.  I
suspect that xdebug may be seeing the closing ?> tag and stopping, not
knowing if this is the end of the script.  I wonder if the other environments
'step through' the closing ?> tags automatically, based on where xdebug stops
in the code.

Regards,

  - Brian