List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] KDevQuanta status update
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-07-01 9:30:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi everybody,

  As Jens already wrote in an email, we have started to work on Quanta4,
which according to the plans would use the same platform as KDevelop.
Aside of discussing how to do it and identifying current problems with
the KDevelop platform, we have coded some things as well. Those wanting
to help or test can check out the work from svn. Right now the KDE SVN
is only partially used, as we were using a local CVS repository, so I
don't have to connect everytime to the internet just to give my changes
to Jens. As soon as somebody else would like to join us, we can
regularly commit our changes to the public SVN.
 The work is in /branches/work/kdevquanta branch of the KDE SVN server.
Compilation and installation instructions can be found in the toplevel
README file. You might need to adjust the paths in your .kdevelop file
to match your environment.
 Shortly what is there:
- a new executable called "kuanta", which is the main application, an
extension to the KDevelop shell
- the beginning of the Quanta "core" plugin, which handles parsing,
autocompletion and other functionality that are not in a separate
plugin
- plugins that make sense in KDevelop as well, like projectviews and
usertoolbars
- Quanta "core" specific plugins, like the structure tree
- a library shared by the Quanta specific plugins and the core

None of the plugins is feature complete, but project views is usable,
and the user toolbars is almost complete as well.
The core can load files, parse them, the result is visible in the
structure tree plugin, yet parsing has bugs and the structure tree is
not complete.

Currently we work on:
- Jens: discussing with KDevelop developers in Ukraine (I couldn't go
there due to family problems, altough I already got the visa and the
train ticket); completing the structure tree plugin
- me: working on core, including parsing, trying to move code from the
old Quanta to here.

VPL is completely missing and is commented out from parsing (including
the undo/redo stuff) and user toolbars as we have to find a cleaner
solution instead of the current one.

In case of questions or if you want to help, let me know.

Andras