List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] Quanta as docbook editor report
From:       "Carlos Leonhard Woelz" <carloswoelz () imap-mail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-08 16:24:18

Hi guys,

I am writing a "Using Quanta for KDE DocBook" guide as part of the KDE
doc primer. A preliminar version is here:

http://i18n.kde.org/doc/doc-primer/docbook-editors.html#quanta

While writing the guide and using Quanta to create documentation, I
found the following problems:

- Entities:

The default KDE Docbook DTD available with Quanta does not offer any of
the KDE entities (it should). To load the entities, one should load and
convert something from the
share/apps/ksgmltools2/custumization/dtd/kdex.dtd (is that correct,
Andras?), which the user has no way to know. The ideal would be to have
a KDE dtd with entities by default, or at least document a way to do it.
(I can help with the second part, but it is not ideal).

Bugs:

use the kde docbook toolbars. (This seems a general bug)
- When you write "&qua" and select "&quanta;" in the enmtity
autocompletion, the result is "&quaquanta;".

- Interface:

The vpl, html tidy, browser views, etc... make little sense when editing
non HTML documents. Can these be loaded depending on the document you
are editing?

- Macros: i had some problems with the macros in the past, but can't
test them right now as Kommander does not work for me with head. :( (I
reported this bug today.) Does anyone has the same problems?

Cheers,

Carlos Woelz