List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Re: Using KDOM in Quanta
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-06-07 4:28:41

> Yes, but I don't see how KHTML2 is different from KHTML in this matter. Do
> you mean that, as we build a correct node tree from a bad doc it will
> display good? I don't know exactly why but this is not how it work right
> now...

Mh, so how does it work? Or what is not working?

> > > But you don't parse the script areas in detail twice so I doubt it
> > > would turn out to be a performance bottleneck. We could also have a
> > > lazy approach for parsing XML. IMHO this performance issues are
> > > premature and we should focus on choosing the right way of doing
> > > things.
> >
> > Yes, performance is important here and for me the right way is the fast
> > way here. Because of this I want the first parse do the XML parsing and
> > the detection of the special areas. Later we only parse the already
> > detected areas instead of the whole document.
>
> That was my first thought. Even KDOM backend parser are aware of the script
> nodes so it would be a question of processing them later.

Are they aware of all areas that Quanta detect in the moment? Is there a way
to add new areas with changing configuration files, like we can now in
Quanta? I do not want to loose Quanta's current flexibility.

> Do you already have an opinion if we should reuse some existing parser for
> HTML/XML?

No I but reuse does not necessary mean reuse it like it is. It can also mean
take the code an adjust to what we need. I had no time yet to look into the
parser Frans suggested. :-(

Jens