List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Re: Using KDOM in Quanta
From:       Paulo Moura Guedes <moura () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-06-07 1:13:36

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 01:53, Jens Herden wrote:

> > > AFAIK does a strict HTML/XML parser stop parsing if it comes to an
> > > error! This is not what we want.
> >
> > But why, do we need that behavior for source mode?
>
> Structure tree.

I don't know if it would be bad. It would give a stronger indication to the
user to what he should fix. We should also ask ourselves what use is given
for the structure tree.
BTW, do you think it's importante for the node tree to show non XML nodes? I
can't see no use for that.

> And VPL should also display a broken page.

It already does, because it's rendered by KHTML.

> > > The parsing of special areas is already separated from the HTML/XML.
> >
> > But it's all going to the same tree and it's done in a more or less
> > syncronized way IIUC.
>
> Yes and what is wrong with this?

It would be interesting and a lot easier if we completely separate the parsing
of special areas from the parsing of HTML, don't you think? I would like to
know if special area nodes need to belong with the XML node tree.
My idea is to reuse some XML parser (and make it tolerable to errors if
possible) and have the script functionality as a different module.

> What do you mean by syncronized? You could
> read in Andras mail that the special areas are skipped first and parsed
> later.

I was not very accurate but they are mixed in Parser::parse(). There is a
first pass for detecting special areas along with the XML stuff.

P.S.: IRC? ;)

--
Paulo Moura Guedes

http://caixamagica.org