List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Re: Using KDOM in Quanta
From:       Paulo Moura Guedes <moura () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-06-06 14:34:15

On Monday 06 June 2005 15:16, Jens Herden wrote:
> I agree totally here. But the idea of Quanta is different. Quanta does not
> restrict the user in doing wrong things. It only support the user in doing
> it right. You can write what you want but should get the best possible
> support to be standard conform.
> The consequence is that our parser can not be very strict and must even
> work when the document is totally broken. But we offer support for HTML
> tidy and maybe we can give more support in the future.
>
> Another point, Quanta does not only pares HTML/XML it also parses PHP and
> here we come to an area where no XML parser is working anymore.

What if the parsing of special areas were completely separated from HTML/XML?
Then we could have a strict HTML/XML parser. One could continue to edit in
source mode, as it doesn't depend on the HTML/XML tree and in VPL we could
find a way to signalize the error, as Frans proposed; we depend on KHTML
anyway so we wouldn't loose anything...

--
Paulo Moura Guedes

http://caixamagica.org