List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] KDevelop-Quanta integration in CVS
From:       Alexander Dymo <adymo () mksat ! net>
Date:       2005-05-21 15:49:07

On Saturday 21 May 2005 14:40, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > I did a quick look into the code. And I got, as usual, something to
> > ask:
> > Why do you put the toolbar in a QWidget before you put them into the
> > tabwidget? From what I know is a KToolBar a QWidget, why can't you
> > put it directly in the tabwidget?
> Because it didn't work otherwise. At least this was the case when I
> wrote that code.

Btw, speaking about resizable toolbars, I have the code in
kdevelop/lib/widgets/resizablecombo. It was written for KComboView
but that was stupid, KComboView* could be replaced by QWidget*
there and the code could be reused.
For a toolbar you might want to create a specific action like
class UserToolbarAction: public KWidgetAction {
public:
	UserToolbarAction(KTabWidget *t, ...):
		KWidgetAction (new ResizableCombo(t), ...) {}
};
that would put tabwidget onto a toolbar with resizable KTabWidget

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine