List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Re: KDOM
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-05-20 8:33:32

> > I would say it's how that sync-code is designed where the answers to
> > the questions are; it's outside the scope of KDOM.
>
> Ok, just that I had the impression from another mail that it is
> suggested to use KDOM's parser.

KDOM's parser is a no go for us because it needs wellformed documents.

> So basicly we would use KDOM only to store our nodes,
> so for the VPL part it is easier to create a rendered
> HTML document from it, right?

There would be only one tree and this one would be used by KHTML2 to render
the page. Quanta would add all necessary information, like parsed scripts, in
a way that does not interfere with KHTML2 but inside of the KDOM tree. This
allows us not only to render the page but also to display the structure view
from the same tree.

It looks like this:

Texteditor -> Quanta renderer -> KDOM builder -> KDOM tree -> HTML page

Quanta's would be to sync tree with changes in the textdocument. VPL's job
would be to allow manipulation in the rendered page. Since the page comes
from "our" tree we can easily sync the tree manipulation back to the text
document.

Jens