List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Invitation to the Linux Desktop Development and
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-10 6:45:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 10 May 2005 01:39, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> Please drop me a note if you want to participate. You might also want
> to consider having a Quanta presentation at the conference ;)
> Web development is a very interesting topic as well as usual desktop
> developmemt and Quanta is really the greatest tool to do that.
>
> PS: We'd really like to see you at the hacking session - we have so
> much to discuss and implement ;)

Thanks for the invitation! As Jens stated in the last mail we are going
to have a longer hacking session here in Romania and it will be around
the same time (June/July). Altough Kiev is not so far away from here,
it's quite a distance (821km the shortest, but with two border crosses,
861 otherwise, 1-3 days of traveling both ways). The real problem is
that I'm not sure that I'd want to drive by car to Ukraine, as I'm a
little afraid that it may be stolen. I know that many think the same
about Romania, so my concerns may or may not be valid. Also not
speaking the language doesn't help, altough I can read the Cyrillic
letters, just that I don't understand what is written.
 It might be possible to travel by train, but I cannot find the
information about the international trains on the official Romanian
train company site (www.cfr.ro). Oh, and since last year we need visa
to go to Ukraine, and I believe Jens would need it too.
 So right now it is uncertain that we will go there, but we can discuss
this with Jens when he is here and we will see how do we progress.
This summer is also quite "full" for me.

Andras