List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] first thoughts about Quanta -> KDevelop
From:       Alexander Dymo <adymo () mksat ! net>
Date:       2005-05-09 22:22:10

On Monday 09 May 2005 14:46, Jens Herden wrote:
> > Other items:
> > - upload profiles: how would other KDevelop languages profit of it?
>
> Because I assume that at least the PHP language support might want to use
> this feature. It is not connected to the parser and just needs some
> additional information about a project file, so it can work fine with other
> languages too.
Hmm, why do we need php support in KDevelop when there's Quanta ;)

> > - scrip tree: I never used KDevelop's script support, so I don't know
> > yet if it can be reused for Quanta or not.
> Me too, we have to investigate.
Scripting support can only execute scripts but has nothing like your script
tree functionality.

> > - files tree: KDevelop's File Selector and File Tree is a little bit
> > different, but we can improve one of them. File Selector is not a tree
> > like view (we might add that mode), while File Tree lists only the
> > files under the project directory. None of them support the concept of
> > top-level folders, which might be very useful (and I know that Quanta
> > users use it, as there were requests about it).
>
> You are right and I remember that I already made a version of the filestree
> for KDevelop after aKadmy but this got deleted somehow :-(
> But it was not very difficult to do.
Probably filetree will not stay in KDevelop4 because all filetree, filegroups
and fileselector will be merged to provide all that functionality. We need to
make sure that it has all functionality you want.

> > - debugger interface / Gubed: Linus should comment about it. Would be
> > nice if it could be ported though.
> Should not be very hard to do.
It's pretty easy. We might want to look at reusing debugger components
like breakpoints/watch widgets and so on.

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine