List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] Strange delete
From:       Paulo Moura Guedes <moura () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-05-05 2:25:10

Hi,

I'm in the process of adding drag&drop into the structure tree and I'm having
a crash. I noticed that is because the tag of a node is null pointer.
I investigated and found that this happens in NodeModif::setNode, called by
kafkaCommon::extractNode:

  if(viewManager && viewManager->activeDocument()
&& !viewManager->activeDocument()->docUndoRedo->turnedOn())
  {
    //FIXME: Andras: I don't have the slightest idea what this is supposed to
do and what the
    //below comment means, but without a real delete we are seriously leaking
memory
    m_node = 0L;
    delete node;
    return;
  }

NodeModif::setNode is actually deleting the node. Can somebody explain me
this? Is "!viewManager->activeDocument()->docUndoRedo->turnedOn()" not
supposed to happen?
--
Paulo Moura Guedes

Linux Caixa Mágica  - http://caixamagica.org