List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] CSS ideas
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-04-27 1:09:48

> I'm thinking of improving the CSS support in Quanta a little:

Yes, Quanta definitely needs attention there.

> 1. Preview of CSS documents. The user would be asked to choose the HTML/XML
> file to show against the current CSS doc. We also could supply a default
> example file (based on the CSS) when no HTML document is chosen.

I would say the best preview would be the file I am working with but an option
to show something else is good.
My dreamed CSS editor will be in a toolview and you will see the results
directly in the main editor area, either in code or in a KHTML part.

> 2. Provide the option of linking a CSS doc to several HTML files. This
> should be project oriented.

I don't get this? You mean during editing of an CSS file you want to assign it
to an HTML and they should be automaticly linked in the head section? If you
really want this be carefull because order is important. If you link two or
more CSS files you can get different results if they are in different order!
This makes it complicated because you will have to be able to define the
position in the HTML file. I do not know if it worse to make this.

> 3. Add support for choosing between several style definitions (CSS1, CSS2)
> including the browsers compatibility. This would allow making a report of
> the stylesheet saying which rules would be problematic and only display the
> available attributes within the current style definition.

I do not see a need for this yet.

> 4. Add a "style editor/inspector" similar to the attribute editor when
> editing CSS files.
>
> 5. Also add a style editor in HTML/XML files, updating the stylesheet that
> the document imports and, eventually, the current style block (though I
> don't like this idea much).

I would love to have a integrated approach tag/file/linked CSS in one place in
a toolview.

> I didn't start to implement this already so you people can rant at will ;)

I like this kind of cooperation, thank you.

Jens