List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] I just wet myself...
From:       James Mohr <jimmo () jimmo ! com>
Date:       2005-04-24 11:30:33

On Sunday 24 April 2005 20:00, Eric Laffoon wrote:
> On Saturday 23 April 2005 09:03 pm, James Mohr wrote:
> > After months of fighting with SUSE to update to 9.2, I finally decided to
> > simply upgrade KDE to 3.4 without all of the other knickknacks that SUSE
> > 9.2 brings. The real motivation was not really to upgrade KDE 3.4 but
> > upgrade Quanta!
> >
> > All I can say is, um, uh, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> You will be even more amazed by 4.0, assuming we can pull all or most of
> our ideas into reality.

On the one hand I want to ask "can it really get better", but I have been in
the IT business long enough it is a matter of "how" and not "if".  There were
a number of things I had wanted to submit as feature requests, but never got
around to and was overjoyed to see that they were in there.

<snip>
> > PS. Eric, say "Hi" to Alison for me.
>
> Hey, ya big turkey... ;-) I'll be sure to pass your greetings along. It's a
> not so sunny Sunday and she is at the market while I stay home and work.
> It's great to hear from you too. Of all my geek friends it's not likely she
> will forget you. ;-)

Who could? As Robert can attest, ya either love me or or ya hate me. ;-)

By the way, my son Daniel (the big one) is starting to get interested in web
development and ask me for a good HTML editor for his machine (he's running
Mandrake). (Now who can guess what I suggested?) I am not very familiar with
Mandrake and didn't want to go through the hassle of loading 156 new
libraries to get it to work (having to update KDE and all). Well, I don't
have to. I showed him how to use ssh and run an X session remotely.

Being a very newbie, he wants the WYSIWYG editor. So, he is definately going
to be happy with Quanta 3.4.

By the way, what's on for 4.0? Can you mention it in public? I was thinking
about asking me editor if he was interested in an article, and that is
definately something I could mention.

Regards,

Jim