List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Ideas for VPL
From:       Paulo Moura Guedes <moura () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-04-06 18:09:07

Hi Jens

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 17:27, Jens Herden wrote:
[...]
> I was thinking about improving Document Structure too but never found the
> time to do something. I believe it would be very good to implement drag &
> drop and cut & past there.
> I don't see directly a good way to drag and drop from the structure into
> VPL or the opposite direction. I would also suggest to guide the user to
> use one view for one task. I am repeating myself here if I say VPL, the
> structure and the code editor are three different views on the same
> document.

But why they couldn't have interaction where it makes sense? We have the
splited view which is an interaction of VPL with source. I'm not sure about
this specific feature but i think we shouldn't be closed minded in eventual
interactions and synergy's between different views.

> > The document structure should be showed by default when VPL mode is
> > selected, as it would be a fulcrum part of all the process.
>
> I disagree here, please don't enable the structure when you switch to VPL.
> The user is the king and if s/he likes to see the structure s/he will click
> on the right button. Don't enforce workflows to users that are not
> necessary. It can be very annoying to get the structure visible if I don't
> want to see it because my screen is small.

Perhaps we should write documentation, instead of imposing the user to new
features :)

Is my impression or document structure doesn't work well in VPL? It doesn't
follow the cursor. I also noticed that when you click a text node in the
tree, the item goes to a previous/parent non text tag. Why is that?

--
Paulo Moura Guedes

Linux Caixa Mágica  - http://caixamagica.org
KDE Web Development - http://kdewebdev.org