List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] kdewebdev/quanta
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-04-04 0:29:29

> this doesn't happens in KWord but it's an exception to the
> rule (OO, FrontPage, Word, etc).

Why is it wise to do like OOo?

This feature is absolutely contrary to what I am used to and I guess what most
of the users are used to.

This breaks the normal workflow:
	1. select
	2. apply

Different behavior of one action is likely to be confusing and I do not see
that the benefit is big enough to do this here. Especially because a double
click does select a word.

For my point of view this should be reverted for the sake of consistency and
usability.

Jens