List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] KTextEditor interface, 4.x
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-09 12:01:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 08 March 2005 19:24, Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 March 2005 09:11, Andras Mantia wrote:
> hmm, isn't tabwidth and static word wrap width already in the editor
> interfaces ? editinterface + wordwrapinterace?

I checked what do we read from the config file:
Indentation Width
Bookmark Menu Sorting

And we use gotFocus(Kate::View*) as I already told you.

> but k, sounds
> reasonable to have some more generic api to query stuff config
> values, perhaps some simple, kconfig like "you give me string, I give
> you value" api, for just the bool and int stuff? and some methodes to
> get common stuff like fonts e.g.

Yes, I thought about the same. Just that for common settings the entry
names should be the same across editors implementing the KTextEditor
interface...

One other thing that would be nice if we could somehow use the
highlighting information the editor already has. For example if I want
to know if I'm inside a string or not I could query the editor about
the current highlighting context. This would save some extra code and
wasted CPU cycles for things that otherwise are already known for the
editor, just not for the application using the editor.
Same for the code folding areas.

Andras