List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] What is next?
From:       Nikolas Zimmermann <wildfox () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-04 13:32:02

On Friday 04 March 2005 14:01, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Friday 04 March 2005 14:51, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> > Hope that enlightens the situation a bit.
>
> So if I understand correctly KDOM is about the tree itself, not about
> parsing and building the tree?
>
> Andras

KDOM is acutally about both. We offer a KDOM::DocumentBuilder, which takes
a KDOM::Parser (which is requested through KDOM::ParserFactory) and a
URL as arguments.

The idea is that we request the parser to parse a certain document (this may
also be your parser) and the DocumentBuilder takes care of creating a tree
out of the parsed data. As I wrote before about "overriding" certain parts of
the API you can of course provide a different Quanta::DocumentBuilder
implementation which desires your needs (building another "tree" in parallel).

kdom/parser/qxml, and kdom/parser/libxml contain two implementations
of parsing backends, deriving from KDOM::Parser.
So kdom does integrate parsing/building & the dom tree - but all nicely
seperated - you're not forced to a specific parser or "doc builder"...

Please ask questions :)

Bye
 Bye
  Niko