List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] What is next?
From:       Paulo Moura Guedes <moura () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-03-03 20:43:47

On Thursday 03 March 2005 20:14, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Thursday 03 March 2005 21:43, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> > The question is, are the Quanta team, especially Andras, willing to
> > do such a thing, if we conclude it's the right step?
> > I guess the question must be yes, if we want VPL in Quanta.
>
> Uh, do you realize what are you asking? You know, I will happily use any
> other parser or node tree if it provides what we need: quick updating
> as you type and good error and context handling.
>  I have no idea about what KDOM does, but remember that Quanta is used
> for a lot more than XML. CSS/PHP is anything but XML, but it is still
> parsed. For example how does it deal with:
>  <?
>   ?>

> We must know that <? ?> is a PHP area, and the missing ">" after body
> should not confuse the parser and the node tree.
>
>  So I cannot pronounce until I see what this is all about, but I fear
> that we will not be able to use it.

I perfectly understand your concerns.
I don't know how difficult it would be to extend kdom to our needs, that's why
it would be interesting to hear what Niko has to say.
In kdom DESIGN document it is written "We want a stand-alone DOM
implementation, not tied to any specific application like HTML, XML or SVG."
which is a good sign.
Anyway, thanks for your open mind Andras.

P.S. Nikolas, there are plans to extend kdom's documentation, like adding some
simple examples of what one can do with kdom?
--
Paulo Moura Guedes

Linux Caixa Mágica  - http://caixamagica.org
KDE Web Development - http://kdewebdev.org