List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Re: Subversion repository structure (was:
From:       Jens Herden <jens () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2005-02-22 14:00:23

Hi,

> Why on earth does this matter?  Do you really need the extra space on your
> hard drive or something?  If not, then why not just keep it the way it is
> and configure with -(dis)enable-java or -(dis)enable-c++ or such...

See, I am living in Cambodia and I observe what kind of computers are used
here. I also see what kind of internet connection is available and what the
prize for this is. I have to pay 120 US $ for 500 MB per month.

And I have only a notebook on my own, so my disk is limited indeed.

Taking this into account I would say your remark is quite ignorant against
most of the people living in poor countries. This is sad because the
potential of Opensource is huge in these countries.

I did mention this because I thought changing the layout of the folders for
SVN is an ideal opportunity to split the large KDevelop package. If this
would be done later it is another change that is less likely to happen.

That's all.

Jens