List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] SPAN is twice in the toolbar
From:       Eric Laffoon <sequitur () easystreet ! com>
Date:       2005-02-22 9:51:06

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 12:33 am, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 February 2005 09:41, Jens Herden wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > why is SPAN twice in the toolbar? Once in Standard at the end and
> > once in Style at the beginning!
> >
> > Ugly, but maybe right? Does someone know?
>
> Eric might now why he put it in two places. BTW, it's not the only tag
> that appears in two places, see the Docbook toolbars and <para>.

I don't think it makes sense to come up with a one tag one place rule. If I
could figure out how to cleanly add formatting tags to the form section I
would. There are also div tags on both toolbars. span is part of style, but
it is also common enough to be main.

I think it is better to ask where you might reliably need it to be then
whether it's been used. The paradox is putting a tag on every toolbar and
they fill up. On a limited basis I think we are okay... After all it took
Jens this long to complain. ;-)

Eric