List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Total freeze, KDE 4
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-21 18:58:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 21 February 2005 20:45, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> On Monday 21 February 2005 17:49, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> > > 5)
> > > - shift + space in VPL creates &nbsp; in the code (good)
> > > - VPL does not display multiple &nbsp; there is only one space!
> > > (bad)
> >
> > I already talked to Nicolas about that. What happens is that VPL
> > sends to KHTML the decoded text ('&nbsp;' -> ' '). I will try to
> > fix that and not breaking anything else.
>
> Strange... I can't reproduce it now. It's workin fine. Nicolas told
> me then that he couldn't also. Andras, you can?

Yes I can. I don't have CVS HEAD KHTML, but from around Beta2. This
looks serious:
- start a new document
- switch to vpl/source, accept the dialog
- type 1234 in the body (source view)
- in VPL go between 2 and 3
- the first SHIFT-SPACE inserts a real space in the document
- other shift spaces insert &nbsp;
- insert 3 &nbps;. The VPL still has only one space between 12 and 34.
- go with the cursor in VPL between 3 and 4 and type 5. Instead of
"12 354" you will get "12 5 34". Why? Because of the &nbsp;-s. See what
happens in the source view.

Andras