List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Total freeze, KDE 4
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-21 18:08:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 21 February 2005 19:49, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> On Monday 21 February 2005 15:36, Jens Herden wrote:
> > Hi Andras,
> >
> > > You can mention the others as well.
> >
> > Here we go:
> >
> > 1)
> > - start Quanta
> > - switch to VPL & Source view
> > - hit ok without any input -> you get a  HTML skeleton in the code
> > editor - choose file|new and see the just created code disappear!
>
> Right. It still behaves like if the current document is empty.

Wild guess: maybe the document (Document) is not marked as modified and
on File New it's "reused". Right, this is a problem. You can see that
the document is not modified (the floppy icon does not appear, on close
nothing is asked). Should be easy to fix IMO. [fixed]

> > 2)
> > - start Quanta
> > - switch to VPL & Source view
> > - hit ok without any input -> you get a  HTML skeleton in the code
> > editor - close the document (no warning here, but this is just a
> > sidenote) - switch to VPL & Source view
> > - hit ok without any input -> you get a  HTML skeleton in the code
> > editor - there is no syntax highlighting anymore!
>
> Strange. Shouldn't be VPL relationed.

It's most probably not. This is a big problem that I couldn't really
solve. Seems that when you close the last empty document and new one is
automatically created, the highlighting remains NONE. Will try to fix
it. [fixed]

> > 4)
> > - start Quanta
> > - switch to VPL & Source view
> > - hit ok without any input -> you get a  HTML skeleton in the code
> > editor - click in the VPL view
> > - hit any character
> > - hit Enter key -> you get <br> _two_ times in the code!
>
> IIRC, Nicolas explained that already. It's needed with HTML and other
> editors have that behaviour too.

It's needed by browsers or what? I don't see why they would need it. Do
you see people using <br /> at the end of their document??

> > 7)
> > The action to insert a div tag behaves different in VPL and Code!
> > In Code view the cursor is in between <DIV> and </DIV> but in VPL
> > it is in front of <DIV>
>
> Currently, the toobar code is a little mess and it need to be
> rewriten for VPL after 3.4. I will see what I can do for this
> release.

Yes, and this is already reported in bugs.kde.org, IIRC.

> > 10)
> > - removing a character in VPL with backspace does trigger a
> > relayout of the code. Multiple spaces are replaced by one space and
> > newlines are removed! To see this just add spaces and newlines in
> > the code view and remove a character in VPL with backspace
> > afterwards.
>
> Yes, the code is generated from the nodes. I don't have any problem
> with that, do you think it's bad?

I know this cannot be solved for 3.4, but I think only the area that was
really modified should be replaced from the nodes, the rest should be
left untouched.

Andras