List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Splash screen
From:       Eric Laffoon <eric () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2015-01-23 5:08:57

On Wednesday 21 January 2015 09:57:54 John Culleton wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 23:40:00 -0800
>
> Eric Laffoon <eric@kdewebdev.org> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 January 2015 14:46:20 John
> >
> > Culleton wrote:
> > > I had it backwords. The splash  screen shows
> > > Kdevelop crossed out and Quanta Plus alpha in
> > > script letters. Is this the current version?
> >
> > You would be looking at a KDE4 alpha. Last I
> > heard someone else was working on this but it
> > was not up to the feature set of the old
> > version. For KDE4 we opted to take advantage of
> > the KDevelop framework. There were numerous
> > advantages and some trade offs. When I last
> > spoke with Andras he had been working on a new
> > parser which was not quite ready to implement.
> > Theoretically it should have been faster, but
> > then parsers are much more interesting in
> > practice than in theory.
> >
> > It's going to be at least a week or two before
> > I can find time to seriously dig into the code.
> >
> > Eric
>
> Where can I download the code for Quanta  Plus
> 3.5? What languages does it use? I might want to
> play with it a bit, but no promises of course.

Whatever distro you are using probably has some KDE3 support. If so you can
get it that way.I believe it is still in KDE archives and you can get it at
kdewebdev.org. If you get source you will need to get Qt3, KDE3 libs and
other supporting libraries and usually some scripts to make the build work.
It's probably better to get it from your distro.

Eric