List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Splash screen
From:       "Dr. Martin Senftleben" <drmartinus () drmartinus ! de>
Date:       2015-01-21 13:01:10

Hi,

Am 21.01.2015 um 11:59 schrieb Milian Wolff:
> So, tl;dr; I'd love to see someone step up and polish the experimental plugins
> and create a kdevelop-for-webdevelopment which hides a bunch of things from
> the user. Porting Quanta again from the KDE 3 version to KDE 4/5 may help a
> few people out there, but quite frankly, it won't be any good for web
> developers that do more than static websites.

I'm not a DAU, but also not a person who has a lot of time to learn
something from scratch. And kdevelop comes to me like a big question
mark. I don't know how to use it, how to make sure that files are
uploaded to the right server with a push of one button, and I probably
won't ever find the smartest thing that was ever done in Quanta (for me
at least): changing the German Umlauts into readable HTML-code.
I have over years built up a dynamic web page with php, solely using
Quanta, and didn't find (though I tried many) one program that helps me
in the way Quanta does (or rather: did). It's a pain right now to do the
updating.
BTW, I've been using Quanta within TrinityDE, but a few months ago I
switched to Manjaro (an Arch-Linux derivate) which I am very happy with,
but i didn't get Trinity to work on it yet (compilation just doesn't
go). So I'm stuck with either a steep learning curve and some days with
28 hours, or someone has pity on me (and maybe on some others who don't
raise their voices) and makes Quanta+ compatible to KDE 4/5.
(Maybe I use an old Linux in a virtual system, if that doesn't
materialize, and have Quanta readily available from there?)

Thanks anyway for a great job, many years of help to my admittedly not
very important contribution to the web (but there are some 500+ visitors
every day), and all the best for the future!

Martin

--
Herzliche Grüße!

Martin Senftleben

P.s.: Ein Anhang lässt sich nicht öffnen? Hier gibt's Infos dazu:
http://www.drmartinus.de/pgpindex.html

["drmartinus.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]