List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Quanta source code.
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-07-05 18:52:46

Werner Joss wrote:

> On Thursday 05 July 2012 20:27:58 john Culleton wrote:
>> 1. What is the best path to get just the Quanta source code?
>
> it is still in the kde svn repos:
> http://websvn.kde.org/tags/KDE/3.5.10/kdewebdev/

That is the KDE 3 version based code (the last released one).
Can be get also through the anonymous svn server.

> but be warned: this will probably not compile on anything newer than
> debian lenny.

Probably it could be made to compile, if the KDE libraries are installed and
an older automake/autoconf is installed.

The KDE4 based Quanta addition to KDevelop is here:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/devtools/quanta

It need KDE4 libraries of course (shouldn't be a problem on any distro), and
KDevPlatform:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/kdevelop/kdevplatform

Some related code:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/devtools/kdev-upload (the
upload support from Quanta ported to Kdevelop)

https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/devtools/kdev-xdebug

PHP plugins for KDevelop:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/kdevelop/plugins/kdev-php
https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/kdevelop/plugins/kdev-php-docs

With Quanta there are two ways to go:

1) continue with KDevelop integration. I'd suggest this. The KDevelop
community is rather active, so they will help with the kdevplatform
questions.

2) get the Quanta 3 source-base and port as-it-is to KDE4.
Might give results faster, but with a codebase one have to maintain
completely, including the full IDE/window management code.

Andras