List:       quanta
Subject:    Re: [Quanta] Excessive number of Linux distributions harms Open Source
From:       john Culleton <John () wexfordpress ! com>
Date:       2012-06-25 13:45:49

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:21:30 -0400
Bobby <bobby@d4business.com> wrote:

> On 06/23/2012 10:50 AM, jaymz@bigpond.net.au wrote:
> > (subject was: Re: [Quanta] OT successors to Quanta+)
> >
> >  I intended to change the Subject heading of my last e-mail. My
> > apologies.
> >
> > James.
>
> On older programs the subject line was used to create threads, but
> then they added a line into the header of the email instead. Now it
> does not matter what you have in the subject line, it will follow a
> line in the header to determine how it's threaded.
>
> That means if you have an old program you can start a new thread by
> simply replying to any email in the list. These days you have to use
> New email rather than Reply to. Or, what really is your new thread
> will actually continue inside someones thread, making a mess for
> every one with a decently new email program.

On my two recent mail clients, Kmail and now Claws-Mail,
I just have to click on the address line to start a new thread.
For example I can view any post in my Quanta folder, click on the
line:

Quanta users list <quanta@mail.kde.org>

and presto I have a new thread. So what is the problem?

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: