Back to editors topic 1. http://netbeans.org/ Netbeans 7.2 (beta) Best choice as you get all out-of-the-box after install and rather easy to configure. 2. http://aptana.com/ Aptana Studio 3 Also the best choice, however, not that easy to configure. For instance, I could not find css code support / completion, not yet. Otherwise an excellent editor. Netbeans and Aptana may not bee so easy to install in Linux, and have so many features that most of us will never use. That was the advantage of Quanta+ - easy to install and featured for both designers and developers. No other editor or program can match it. Another general problem in Linux seems to the lack of easy installers - not all developers care to package their programs in one-click packages, like rpm or similar, so it may embrace a broader userbase, ie for those who are not used to commands in shell etc. - I agree with James concerning Linux distributions, but it's not the main problem. I think it's a lack of standardisation and unity of desktop applications. Then there should be more commercial interests involved, comanies should find it more profitable in both using and developing it. * A flexible and useful CMS for content editing: 3. http://modx.com/ Modx Revolution 2.2.4 Much better alternative than Bluegriffon, however demands a lot of the user to configure. I's not a simple editor, but once configured you can easily edit your frontend - texts, images etc. Very professional Contant Management System, which replaces any preview mode editor. * Other tools http://html5boilerplate.com/ http://stuffandnonsense.co.uk/projects/320andup/ Then you are rather armed for professional web editing, as far as I can see in my exploring. Hoewever, you can be productive with very simple means, or you may drown in learning new tools, endlessly ... Greetings - Leif _______________________________________________ Quanta mailing list Quanta@mail.kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/quanta